Guest Internet Access/WiFi
InfoStar NET for Total Control!
Our outstanding and cost-efficient technology solution for hotels lets you provide timed and/or download limited Internet access to your guests.
With InfoStar NET you are able to generate so-called ‘Internet Tickets’ with temporal and quantitative restrictions for your customers. You have a user / password combination on the generated Tickets, with which your customers have a selected time period of access to the Internet. On initial access to the Internet the customer will be requested to enter a user ID and password. Should he/she not be in possession of an Internet Ticket, he/she still has the possibility to surf the Internet pages that you have declassified (for example: Hotel Websites, Tourist Offices, etc.), however he/she may not access other pages. Access not only includes surfing the web but also for example sending and receiving Emails, VPN connections, Internet chat rooms etc.
Plug & Play Technology
InfoStar NET utilizes plug and play technology to bring ease of use to a new level. This revolutionary connection eliminates the need to reconfigure IP settings on the laptop or PDA. The network uses the DHCP protocol (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) or TCP/IP protocol to communicate with any operating system, regardless of proxy or DNS settings. Plug and Play-aware operating systems include all major systems, such as Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Linux, Macintosh, and more. Plug and play connection lets users access the Internet using a PC, laptop, or PDA without adding any new software.
- Multilingual Administration via web browser (English, German, Italian, French)
- Individual Billing (time, date, data volume, bandwidth)
- Time Rate (time based) and Flat Rate (volume based) billing
- Pre-Paid and Post-Paid Support
- Detailed revenue statistics incl. data export (CSV file)
- Administration of all users incl. current balance
- Permanent cost control for the customer
- Automatic Online Update
- Automatic generation backups (remote backup)
- Free accessible web pages
- Define web page BEFORE and AFTER logon
- Different billing and welcome page per VLAN
- Inhouse Roaming Support (credit can be consumed e.g. for wireless as well as wired connections without additional costs)
- Bandwidth restriction per user for Upload and Download
- Numerous PMS Interfaces (e.g. Oracle Hotel PMS, Protel)
- Own, open PMS Interface for third party developers
- Credit card interface incl. PayPal
- Autologon Devices for permanent free internet access
- Customization of welcome page
- Flexible Accounting
- Billing by time / amount of data / date
- Flat rate: A flat rate scheme gives guests access to the Internet for a limited amount of time (i.e. 6 days) and includes an allotted allowance of download limit.
- Time rate: The debiting from the time credit account takes place, down to the exact minute via logging in and logging off (for both telephone and modem access).
- Free of charge (with or without Home Page)
- Bandwidth management per user
- VLAN based accounting
- Surfticket Creation
- Office Printer (DIN A5)
- PMS Interface
- Bulk creation (CSV file)
- Ticket Printer
- Credit Card
- Real Plug&Play Connections
- InfoStar NET real Plug&Play Engine
- No configuration or software installation necessary on end devices
- Supports all common VPN connections (e.g. IPSec, SSL)
- Automatic Proxy detection
- Private VLAN Support (room / port isolation)
- Integrated Stateful-Firewall incl. port- and MAC filter
- SSL encrypted login page
- Port forwarding (DNAT) for access to end devices (e.g. Access Point management within Surf-LAN)
- Advanced HTTP Content Filter
- SMTP Proxy (Relayhost / Authentication)
- Advanced Logging of all relevant actions incl. data export (CSV file)
- Continual adjustments according to legal requirements
The InfoStar NET Front Office Interface allows guests to choose from predefined Internet packages and book their Internet usage automatically to their room bill.